Brain Gym® for Special Needs Providers (BG170)
A 4-day workshop that teaches safe, simple and effective movement activities that invite people of ALL abilities to meet their greatest potential. It can be part of the licensing process for those who are studying for their license to become a Brain Gym Instructor/Consultant or it can be taken as a stand-alone course and used in a private therapeutic setting or classroom.
About This Workshop:
Brain Gym for Special Education Providers (BG170) is open to all parents, caregivers, teachers and therapists. (No pre-requisites.)
This 32-hour experiential course provides an in-depth study of how to use Brain Gym® with children and adults, with specific adaptations for those who have special needs or are differently-abled.
In this workshop students learn:
- 26 Brain Gym movements and modifications for special cases
- 7 Building Block Activities which support integration of the nervous system
- The 5-step Balance Process which targets goals for learning and performance
- The principles of Educational Kinesiology
- How to assess the needs of an individual
- How to develop a Brain Gym program to meet those needs
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of the program
- How to modify for best results
Students will leave the course with new skills that optimize learning and performance in all areas of life. And they will find that these tools are immediately applicable in home, school and therapeutic settings.
This course provides excellent applications for a variety of mental and physical challenges including and yet not limited to, autism, cerebral palsy, attention deficit disorders, dyslexia, Angelman’s Syndrome, Down Syndrome, speech impairment, brain injuries, blindness, deafness, impairments caused by strokes, epilepsy and/or developmental delays.